- Get a better understanding of the issues you face with your new rescue pet so you build a strong relationship
- Adopted animals may have a troubled past but you’ll learn more about their behavior and how to make her feel wanted
- You can set your own pace of study as our course is completely online on our easy-to-use platform
- 95% recommend
- Fully accredited by ICOES
- Free PDF Certificate
- 14 days money back guaranteed
- 50 online study hours
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Everyone who is planning to adopt a pet - from a dog to a snake - will be better prepared to welcome their new friend into their home
- People working or volunteering at shelters can learn more about rescue animals’ behavior
- People who handle animals, such as pet sitters or walkers, will have a greater understanding of their special needs, giving their parents more confidence in you
HOW IT WILL HELP YOU
- You’ll be more confident that you’re providing the best environment for your new arrival and will be more tolerant of her behavior
- It’ll be less frustrating when she behaves oddly because you’ll feel confident to deal with unusual situations by understanding the traits of rescue animals
- Expand your horizons through your knowledge of adopted animals to impress prospective employers or clients
Module 1: Preparation And Planning
- 1.1 Knowledge is Key
- 1.2 Pet-Proof the Home
- 1.3 Get to Grips With Ground Rules
- 1.4 Children and New Pets
- 1.5 Essential Equipment
Module 2: Bringing A New Pet Home
- 2.1 First Impressions Count
- 2.2 Applying Ground Rules
- 2.3 Meet the Family
- 2.4 Food
- 2.5 First Night Nerves
Module 3: Settling In
- 3.1 What to Expect From a Rescue Pet
- 3.2 Settling into a Routine
- 3.3 Avoiding Over-Dependence
- 3.4 Changing Names
- 3.5 Reward-Based Training
Module 4: Introductions And Bonding
- Module 4: Introductions and Bonding 4.1 Getting Along with Other Pets and People
- 4.2 Avoiding Problems
- 4.3 Train to Bond
Module 5: Best Paw Forwards
- 5.1 The Importance of Mental Stimulation
- 5.2 More Bonding with Your Pet
- 5.3 Helping Pets with Issues
- 5.4 The Pet’s Well-Being
- 5.5 Health Care
- 5.6 When Things Go Wrong
5960 HAPPY PETS IN 2017
15497 COURSES ENROLLED IN 2017
OUR COURSES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PURR-FESSIONALS
Dr Pippa Elliott, BVMS MRCVS, is a veterinarian with 27 years' experience in companion animal practice.
As a child, Pippa was pony-mad and can't remember a time when she didn't want to be a vet. She started volunteering at her local clinic at the age of 14, and it was a dream come true when she was accepted for vet school. She graduated from the University of Glasgow, UK. Her knowledge and dedication has helped transform the lives of thousands of students and pets from around the world.
GETTING YOUR CERTIFICATE IS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS:
Follow the easy registration process to enrol in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.