Animal Training & Pet Sitting
Much as we might adore our pets, very often we are reminded that they are animal and not human. Sometimes, we need to train them to adjust to living in a human world. There are social rules and boundaries that need to be observed so you and those around your pets stay safe and comfortable. Behaviour that could be dangerous must be managed responsibly.
Mind your manners!
We look at life with a pet from their point of view as well as yours. This course helps you understand what’s behind actions, reactions and dispositions. We outline behaviour modification advice and training that respects your pets’ natural instincts and inherent natures. To lighten things up, we also include guidelines for tricks and games.
This course teaches you a comprehensive range of approaches and disciplines including how to:
- Teach basic commands and obedience.
- Train puppies using positive reinforcement.
- Deal with problem behaviors like barking, biting, urine marking and jumping up.
- Make litter box use a success.
- Use clicker training to instill boundaries with your cat.
- Train your cat not to jump on furniture.
- Socialize your bird around people, other pets & other birds.
- Condition your bird to handling and train to return to his perch.
Pet sitting for worried owners
When busy lives mean owners need to spend long hours away from pets, they worry. They’re concerned about their needs not being met and about how lonely they might be without good company.
- I know he needs more exercise…
- Will he be lonely while I’m gone?
- Is her anxiety at night due to stress at being alone?
- Will she eat anything all day?
- What if he knocks over his water dish and is thirsty?
- Will her boredom lead to anything dangerous?
- I feel so bad he’s not able to play more with other dogs
Offering to be the surrogate carer for much beloved pets puts people’s minds at ease and is a very rewarding career for you.
Gain expertise in all aspects of pet sitting
This course takes you through all the skills and knowledge you need to be able to step into pet owners shoes in their absence. As well as learning how to care for all kinds of needs in different species of animal and fish, you’ll be educated on things like safety and security, handling a crisis and when to look for help.
Some of the topics you’ll learn:
- How to take a group of dogs on a peaceful, fun filled walk
- Steps to prevent the spread of disease
- Level of hygiene needed
- Keeping pets safe
- Necessary amounts of exercise and nutrition
- Preserving security on your clients premises
- Dealing with an aggressive pet, restraints and equipment
- Handling unusual pets
- First aid and when to call a vet
- Special considerations for Birds, fish and reptiles
- Caring for hamsters, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits etc.
Start your dog walking and pet sitting business
We’ll also give you a head start on how to turn your training into a business, with useful advice like:
- Setting up an arrangement with a new client
- Micro chipping and other methods of ID
- Your business responsibilities
- Finance and Insurance
You can also use your dog walking and pet sitting training as you travel. There are many opportunities now to offer a pet sitting service in exchange for accommodation, making it a wonderfully low cost way of exploring new places.
Taking care of lovable creatures is not only a fulfilling career, it gives owners peace of mind. Using the training in this course to do this job excellently is bound to get you many recommendations which will help grow your business. Start preparing for your new independent and rewarding career now.
Follow the easy registration process to enroll in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.