Animal Physical Therapy
Learn all about physiotherapy, types & methods, and how it can help your pet
Who is the Course For:
This course is a perfect match for you if:
- You have an stiff, older pet or one recovering after enforced rest, and you want to help them get back on their paws
- You are curious about different forms of physiotherapy, such as massage, hydrotherapy, passive movement, and heat; their benefits, how they work, and how they help the body to heal
- You want to understand about nutritional supplements that improve and protect joint health, and keep your pet supple in years to come.
- You want to learn safe exercises to do at home that are fun and improve your pet’s quality of life
- You want to understand what a veterinary physiotherapist is, when it’s appropriate to consult one, and how to go about getting referred
- You wonder if your pet is in pain and want to recognize the signs in your cat or dog
The skills you will master with this course include:
- How to improve the mobility of specific joints (such as the elbow, hip, or knee) in a safe and sympathetic way
- Reading the signs of pain in cats and dogs
- Learning gentle exercises appropriate for animals with stiff joints due to conditions such as arthritis or an old injury (Working with the co-operation of your vet.)
- Learn specific exercises for specific joints
- Hints and tips for how to help your older pet moving around the home with more confidence, using ramps and assistive devices.
- How to perform massage techniques on your pet to build muscle strength and help them relax. This includes effleurage, kneading, percussion, and also passive movement exercises
- Knowing when physiotherapy could help your pet and recognizing when to avoid it
- Learn easy and enjoyable exercises you can do at home to build your pet’s strength whilst having fun together
- Know how to use heat therapy to relieve the nagging pain of a sore joint
- Understand which nutritional supplements are most beneficial to your pet
- Have an improved knowledge of dog anatomy
- Know how and when to get your pet referred to a veterinary physiotherapist
Follow the easy registration process to enroll in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.