- Build a closer bond while boosting your dog’s mental and physical well-being through fun training exercises that you can both enjoy
- Enjoy living with a happy dog by training him with rewards, not punishment
- Study the modules with practical training for you to follow at any time to suit you on a platform which is easy to use
- 95% recommend
- Fully accredited by ICOES
- Free PDF Certificate
- 14 days money back guaranteed
- 50 online study hours
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to make clear and consistent instructions so your dog understands exactly what he is supposed to do
- Tips and tricks from professional vets on reward-based training to make your dog want to work with you
- The theory and practice of motivating your pet while making him more happy, secure, confident and well-behaved
HOW IT WILL HELP YOU
- Expand your horizons and knowledge while gaining a better understanding of animals
- Become better at reading animals’ body language so you know how to react to them
- Provide a better service for clients through your confidence when interacting with pets
Module 1: Dog Psychology
- 1.1 Make your dog love you, not fear you
- 1.2 Outsmart dogs by knowing how they think
- 1.3 Provide challenges to match brain power
- 1.4 Earn respect by knowing what dogs secretly crave
Module 2: Basic Training - Theory
- 2.1 Become a training ninja and know how dogs learn
- 2.2 Bringing the feel-good factor into training
- 2.3 How to get the results you want
- 2.4 Reward-based training so dogs adore you
Module 3: Basic Training - Practical
- 3.1 Learn to be the best dog parent
- 3.2 Stress-free bonding with clicker training
- 3.3 Creating 'me-time' with a crate
- 3.4 House training so no 'accidents' to clean up
- 3.5 Build a common language through 'Sit'
- 3.6 Enjoy comfortable walks with lead training
- 3.7 Save time by teaching your dog to 'Come'
- 3.8 Keeping calm when dealing with bad behavior
Module 4: Correcting Problem Behaviors
- 4.1 Stop your dog being anxious or fearful
- 4.2 Preventing aggression (and a potential lawsuit)
- 4.3 Stopping bad manners so friends don’t avoid you
- 4.4 Controlling barking so neighbors aren’t disturbed
- 4.5 Enjoy meals without a dog begging
- 4.6 Stop digging damaging your yard
- 4.7 Reducing conflict through food guarding
- 4.8 House soiling training for a cleaner house
- 4.9 Make your dog happy around other dogs
- 4.10 Break the annoying habit of jumping up
- 4.11 Teaching dogs to leave valuable/harmful objects alone
- 4.12 Reduce stress by calming your dog
- 4.13 Staying positive when your dog winds you up
- 4.14 Stopping the possessive streak
- 4.15 Eliminate the dangers of pulling on the leash
- 4.16 Stop the distressing signs of separation anxiety
- 4.17 Don’t be that owner with small dog syndrome
Module 5: Advanced Training
- 5.1 You decide when your dog barks
- 5.2 Be in control by mastering Down/Drop commands
- 5.3 Avoid conflict by teaching dogs to Come Away
- 5.4 Stop pets scavenging or picking up things he shouldn’t
- 5.5 Avoid embarrassing situations by using Give/Drop commands
- 5.6 Distraction techniques to control behaviour
- 5.7 Prevent pets pestering through the power of No
Module 6: Make Your Dog Happy
- 6.1 Mental stimulation
- 6.2 Knowing the rules which lead to happiness
- 6.3 The importance of play
- 6.4 Learning to relax
- 6.5 Praise as a motivator
- 6.6 Diverting your dog’s attention to get what you want
5960 HAPPY PETS IN 2017
15497 COURSES ENROLLED IN 2017
OUR COURSES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PURR-FESSIONALS
Dr Pippa Elliott, BVMS MRCVS
Dr Pippa Elliott, BVMS MRCVS, is a veterinarian with 27 years' experience in companion animal practice.
As a child, Pippa was pony-mad and can't remember a time when she didn't want to be a vet.
She started volunteering at her local clinic at the age of 14, and it was a dream come true when she was accepted for vet school.
She graduated from the University of Glasgow, UK.
Her knowledge and dedication has helped transform the lives of thousands of students and pets from around the world.
GETTING YOUR CERTIFICATE IS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS:
Follow the easy registration process to enrol in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.
REAL STORIES FROM REAL STUDENTS
WHAT STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HOLLY AND HUGO
It really made me think about my actions and my dog's reactions. I am glad I have the tools for us both to learn what each other really wants and have fun doing it. Jennifer Mantle - United States
I am a guide dog puppy raiser as well as a dog trainer at my local Petco. This course gave me more insight into maintaining consistency and other ideas for dogs with different learning styles. Shayla Drappo - United States
It has improved my life, I have started my own Pet Sitting business and left the corporate world to pursue my passion and dream. So to put it mildly it has change my world for the best. What would I say to friends is what I already say to them, take the course: it's a great value and you will learn, unlike other online courses that teach you nothing, with Holly and Hugo you have to pass a test and they are not easy questions to get certified. Patricia Lackner - United States