- Strengthen the bond between you and your pet by fully understanding the changing needs of a senior animal
- Learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home and be able to refer back to modules when necessary
- Gain a competitive advantage for your business by showing clients you know how to handle their older furry friends
- 95% recommend
- Fully accredited by ICOES
- Free PDF Certificate
- 14 days money back guaranteed
- 50 online study hours
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Any pet parent whose animal is six years old or more who wants to correctly take care of him and keep him active and agile for as long as possible
- Dog sitters, pet carers and volunteers at shelters who want to confidently handle older animals to keep them calm and safe
- Professionals wanting to gain a competitive edge through a certified course to show you are continually learning new skills and can handle the older four-legged clients
HOW IT WILL HELP YOU
- Learn about your animals’ changing behavior so you can adapt how you respond to his needs to provide the best possible care
- Understand animals better to help land your dream job with animals by showing how much you respect them
- Come to terms with the changing habits and funny little ways of your furball so that your relationship deepens
Module 1: How Old Is Old?
- 1.1 Introduction to Ageing
- 1.2 Pet to Human Years
- 1.3 The Ageing Dog
- 1.4 The Ageing Cat
- 1.5 Staying Healthy for Longer
- 1.6 Signs Your Pet Should See the Vet
Module 2: Behavioral Changes In Senior Pets
- 2.1 Mental vs Physical Problems
- 2.2 Senior Moments
- 2.3 Changes in the Senses
- 2.4 Mental Stimulation
- 2.5 Help a Grieving Pet
- 2.6 Introducing a New Pet
Module 3: Special Considerations For Mature Pets
- 3.1 Giving Drugs to Older Pets
- 3.2 Reducing Anesthesia Risks
- 3.3 Coat Care
- 3.4 Dental Problems
- 3.5 Diet and Senior Pet
Module 4: Mobility And Pain Issues
- 4.1 Conditions Causing Pain
- 4.2 Signs of Pain
- 4.3 Nutraceuticals
- 4.4 Physical Therapy
- 4.5 Treating Pain
- 4.6 Environment Changes
Module 5: Health Problems Of Senior Pets
- 5.1 Cancer
- 5.2 Cushing’s
- 5.3 Diabetes
- 5.4 Heart Disease
- 5.5 High Blood Pressure
- 5.6 Hypothyroidism
- 5.7 Hyperthyroidism
- 5.8 Incontinence
- 5.9 Kidney Disease
- 5.10 IBD
- 5.11 Prostate Disease
Module 6: Saying Goodbye
- 6.1 Planning Ahead
- 6.2 Knowing when it’s Time
- 6.3 Quality of Life Scale
- 6.4 Hospice Care
- 6.5 What Happens at the End?
- 6.6 Coping with Loss
- 6.7 Links to Grief Counselling Organizations for Pet Parents
5960 HAPPY PETS IN 2017
15497 COURSES ENROLLED IN 2017
OUR COURSES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PURR-FESSIONALS
Dr Pippa Elliott, BVMS MRCVS
Dr Pippa Elliott, BVMS MRCVS, is a veterinarian with 27 years' experience in companion animal practice.
As a child, Pippa was pony-mad and can't remember a time when she didn't want to be a vet.
She started volunteering at her local clinic at the age of 14, and it was a dream come true when she was accepted for vet school.
She graduated from the University of Glasgow, UK.
Her knowledge and dedication has helped transform the lives of thousands of students and pets from around the world.
GETTING YOUR CERTIFICATE IS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS:
Follow the easy registration process to enrol in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.
WHAT STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HOLLY AND HUGO
It has improved my life, I have started my own Pet Sitting business and left the corporate world to pursue my passion and dream. So to put it mildly it has change my world for the best. What would I say to friends is what I already say to them, take the course: it's a great value and you will learn, unlike other online courses that teach you nothing, with Holly and Hugo you have to pass a test and they are not easy questions to get certified. Patricia Lackner - United States