Dog Commands for Beginners
About the course
Badly behaved dogs are frustrating. Unfortunately, things can get to breaking point with owners feeling they have no choice but to give up their dogs. And take them to the dog pound. It doesn’t have to be that way. Meet our certified professional dog trainer, Ian Stone. His videos and practical advice will show you how to have a well-behaved dog. Your furball will be fun to be around. And walks will be a joy, not a chore. All dogs, whatever their size, need basic training. It keeps them safe. It keeps you in control.
10 minutes, twice a day, is all it takes
Your training should be given in bite-sized chunks. Then your dog doesn’t forget or get bored. Keep going and you’ll soon master the basic dog training commands. One of the most important is how to train a dog to stay and to sit.
Follow the videos to start training your dog
Ian and his cute dog will show you the essential commands you can teach your dog. Step by step, they will lead and you will follow. Learn from the professional dog trainer who won’t sugar-coat the lessons. It may not be easy. But it can be a lot of fun. You’ll spend quality time with your dog who will learn the basic dog training commands.
Teach your dog to Sit, Leave It, Get Off and Come
What are the basic commands to teach a dog? They need to Sit, especially during walks along busy roads. And to leave things alone. You will gain a lot of faith in your dog knowing he will come when called. Dogs picking up or eating things on the streets - or your favorite shoes - can be a worry. It doesn’t have to be. Investing in this video course is like having a personal masterclass with a master dog trainer. Your dog will pick up the basic commands. You’ll know techniques for how to train a dog to stay and so much more.
No more pulling on the leash
An out-of-control dog in public places can be a menace. Or worse. Keep your dog and other people safe around your dog through these super leash training exercises. Your dog will be as good as gold on your walks. No more pulling. No more stress. Just an enjoyable stroll together.
Train your dog at a time that suits both of you
Practice, practice, practice. With our online video training lessons, you can start teaching your dog at a time that suits you. You don’t have to wait for set classes. Learn anywhere, anytime. Your dog will be a joy to be around. And you’ll build a stronger bond as you work together through these fun training exercises. Start learning with Ian Stone today. See how he trains his dog and then you can train yours.
What you will learn
This all video course features real dogs in real life training situations - we show you exactly how to do it!
This course is taught by certified professional dog trainer, Ian Stone, who has more than 10 years’ experience working in animal welfare.
He will guide you step-by-step through:
- fundamental concepts
- basic training commands such as Sit and Come
- tackling behavior problems
- being good on the leash
- as well as some games and tricks!
Holly and Hugo courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Introduction
- 1.1 Ian's Intro
- 1.2 Hardware and Habituation
- 1.3 Communication
Module 2: Food, Engagement And Basic Commands
- 2.1 Food Handling
- 2.2 Engagement and Motivation
- 2.3 Basic Control Positions
Module 3: Stay, Leave It And Leash Training
- 3.1 Training The Stay
- 3.2 Loose Leash Walking Part 1
- 3.3 Leave It Part 1
Module 4: Get Off And Come
- 4.1 Get Off
- 4.2 Teaching to Come
Module 5: Advanced Techniques
- 5.1 Loose Leash Walking Part 2
- 5.2 Leave It Part 2
Who is this course for
- Training your dog is an essential part of dog ownership! Badly-behaved dogs get taken to shelters, and sadly, many will not make it out of a shelter.
- This course is for anyone who wants to build a stronger bond with their pet and provide the highest level of training to improve their life
- Whether you just brought home a new puppy, adopted a shelter dog or live with an older dog who never got properly trained this course is perfect for you
How will it help me
This course takes the stress out of having to be somewhere at a specific time each week for dog training. It allows you to properly train from the comfort of your own home.
Understand how your pet thinks and keep their attention to basic commands and common behavioral problems.
Professional dog trainer Ian Stone shows you each step you need to take to properly train your furry friend and how to have fun while doing so!
- Studying this certificate course proves you are a responsible animal lover. You have learnt the basics of dog training, so you are well-equipped to work with dogs
- You could use this training as a basis to start your own pet care business, such as pet sitting or dog walking
- You would work or volunteer with dogs at a rescue shelter or kennels
- Holly and Holly and Hugo is a professional company with an international team of experts, including veterinary surgeons, compiling the courses
- The courses are accredited by ICOES, the International Council for Online Education Standards, assuring our students our commitment to high standards of online education
- We are also a recognized member of the CPD Certification Service
- Our CPD accredited courses will count towards your CPD hour records. Through Continuing Professional Development (CPD/CE), individuals show their commitment to gain new skills to contribute to their personal and professional development, improve their job prospects, enhance and evolve in their career
- At the end of each module there is an exam to pass to make sure you have fully taken in each stage
- The modules are easy to understand and, therefore, easy to remember
- You can revisit the material for a refresher if you want to look something up
- Once the course is completed, all modules saved and exams passed you'll get a pdf certificate
- You will be also eligible to apply for an ICOES hard copy certificate
- The courses are designed to be easy to use without the need to download material
- Should you need any assistance, we have a help centre available in your student area 24/7 or you can contact our awesome Customer Support team during the working hours