About the course
Many people dream of working with animals. The choice is tremendous. So is the competition. We'll help you get your foot in the door by showing you how to research your chosen path, build your portfolio and create a stand-out CV to put you ahead of the competition.
First, let's look at you and your strengths
You love animals and would love to be with them 24/7. There are many jobs working with animals. How do you know what’s right for you.
Your ideal job could be one you’ve never even heard of - until now! Our course starts with you. Let’s look at your strengths so that you find a job working with animals which is perfect for you.
Where to get experience to put on your resume
Many other people are also looking for careers involving animals. You need to be one step ahead of the competition and stand out in a crowded jobs’ market.
With the knowledge you'll get in our online course, you'll find great tips on how to get the right work experience, including volunteering abroad.
Writing a killer CV and applying for animal jobs
You'll then be able to put together an inspirational portfolio, write a knockout CV and apply for animal jobs with confidence.
You’ll also be interested to read about the wide range of careers for animal lovers and unusual jobs with animals.
You could be the perfect detection dog handler, pet adoption counsellor, animal behaviorist, animal chiropractor or artificial insemination officer. Let's find out!
How to apply to vet school and veterinary specializations
Being a veterinarian is an ambition that many people share. It’s a tough world. You’ll need to study extremely hard and the course is very long. It’s also an expensive road to travel. We’ll help you plan your finances and apply to vet school.
If you decide being a vet is not for you, there are plenty of other careers working with animals that we can show you.
Start living the dream and find your ideal job with animals today.
What you will learn
- Research different jobs, skills and qualifications so you have a realistic expectation of what working with animals really involves
- Study online from anywhere and at any time to find your ideal job or career move - you may find a role suits you which you’d never previously considered!
- Impress the interviewing panel by building your portfolio with relevant work experience and an eye-catching CV
- 60 careers to tempt you from animal therapist to zoo keeper
- Know how to research a particular job, plus the skills and qualifications needed
- Understand the value of relevant work experience and how to get it
- Know how to apply to veterinary school and get your finances together
Holly and Hugo courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Brainstorming And Research
- 1.1 Why Work with Animals?
- 1.2 Pros and Cons
- 1.3 Decide on Your Strengths
- 1.4 Reality Check
- 1.5 Where to Find Jobs
- 1.6 Researching the Job
- 1.7 Comparative Salaries
Module 2: Gaining Experience
- 2.1 Personal Experience
- 2.2 Unpaid Experience
- 2.3 Broadening Your Education
- 2.4 Volunteering Abroad
- 2.5 Internships
Module 3: Portfolios, Cv, And Application
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 An Inspirational Portfolio
- 3.3 Writing a Killer CV
- 3.4 Creating an Awesome Application Letter
Module 4: Applying To Vet School
- 4.1 The Path to Vet School
- 4.2 Planning your Finance
- 4.3 Interviews and Experience
- 4.4 Veterinary Careers and Specializations
Module 5: Health-related Careers
- 5.1 Animal-assisted Therapist
- 5.2 Animal Behaviorist
- 5.3 Animal Chiropractor
- 5.4 Animal Geneticist
- 5.5 Animal Health Inspector
- 5.6 Artificial Insemination Officer
- 5.7 Nutritionist
- 5.8 Physiotherapist
- 5.9 Practice manager
- 5.10 Receptionist
- 5.11 Vet Tech (US) Vet Nurse (UK)
- 5.12 Vet Tech specializations
- 5.13 VSA
Module 6: Pet-related Careers
- 6.1 Animal Control Officer
- 6.2 Animal Cruelty Officer (ASPCA, RSPCA)
- 6.3 Animal Photographer
- 6.4 Detection Dog Handler
- 6.5 Dog Breeder
- 6.6 Dog Trainer
- 6.7 Doggy Daycare Owner
- 6.8 Dog Walker
- 6.9 Drug Company Rep
- 6.10 Groomer
- 6.11 Kennel Attendant/Manager
- 6.12 Pet Adoption Counsellor
- 6.13 Pet Food Salesperson
- 6.14 Pet Sitter
- 6.15 Pet Writer
- 6.16 Police Dog Handler
- 6.17 Service Dog Trainer
Module 7: Animal-related Careers
- 7.1 Animal Behaviorist
- 7.2 Aqua Culturist
- 7.3 Dairy Herdsmen
- 7.4 Ecologist
- 7.5 Equine Dentist
- 7.6 Exercise Rider
- 7.7 Farrier
- 7.8 Foaling Attendant
- 7.9 Fish and Game Warden
- 7.10 Groom
- 7.11 Herpetologist
- 7.12 Horse Identifier
- 7.13 Horse Pedigree Analyst
- 7.14 Jockey
- 7.15 Marine Biologist
- 7.16 Marine Mammal Trainer
- 7.17 Mounted Police Officer
- 7.18 Primatologist
- 7.19 Racing Steward, Starter, Outrider, Licensing Clerk
- 7.20 Ranch Manager
- 7.21 Reptile Breeder
- Wildlife Biologist or Zoologist
- Wildlife Rehabilitator
- Zoo Keeper, Habitat Designer, Educator
Who is this course for
- Everyone who want to work with animals but wants further information about what careers are out there and how to successfully apply for them.
- Applicants who want to grab prospective employers' attention with their standout application.
- People planning a career change or seeking promotion and what to know what opportunities are out there for them or what qualifications are needed.
How will it help me
- Show employers that you have the drive for self-improvement and the initiative to study on your own as well as the passion necessary for a career in the animal world.
- By looking at your talents, you can be confident you are making the right career choice for you before you commit or find a new vocation.
- Turn your love of animals into a rewarding career or profitable business by being armed with the knowledge you need before you begin.
- Find out more about the whole range of animal-related careers before deciding which one is for you
- Certification will show employers how seriously you want to land a dream job with animals
- Everyone with an interest in working with animals
- Anyone interested in a career in veterinary medicine or animal care
- Existing animal care workers in pursuit of promotion
- The careers are limitless, from zookeeper to vet, dog groomer to operator of a breed-specific rescue centre
- Holly and Holly and Hugo is a professional company with an international team of experts, including veterinary surgeons, compiling the courses
- The courses are accredited by ICOES, the International Council for Online Education Standards, assuring our students our commitment to high standards of online education
- We are also a recognized member of the CPD Certification Service
- Our CPD accredited courses will count towards your CPD hour records. Through Continuing Professional Development (CPD/CE), individuals show their commitment to gain new skills to contribute to their personal and professional development, improve their job prospects, enhance and evolve in their career
- At the end of each module there is an exam to pass to make sure you have fully taken in each stage
- The modules are easy to understand and, therefore, easy to remember
- You can revisit the material for a refresher if you want to look something up
- Once the course is completed, all modules saved and exams passed you'll get a pdf certificate
- You will be also eligible to apply for an ICOES hard copy certificate
- The courses are designed to be easy to use without the need to download material
- Should you need any assistance, we have a help centre available in your student area 24/7 or you can contact our awesome Customer Support team during the working hours