Moderating Dog Behavior
About the course
Millions of dogs are handed in to the dog shelters each year. Often it is because they are badly behaved and haven’t been trained properly. A well-behaved trained dog is 6 times less likely to end up in a shelter. Responsible pet parents need to take the time and effort to set house rules and teach them essential dog commands. This stops issues from occurring. With a good dog, you’ll enjoy fun times together, not frustrating times.
Turn training into a game
Dogs love enjoying themselves. These videos by professional dog trainer Ian Stone will show you how to train your dog in a fun way. Because it’s fun, they’ll enjoy what they’re doing and won’t realize they’re being trained to obey.
Training strengthens your bond with your pet, making them a happier, friendlier, and calmer dog.
Keeping the sessions short and simple
All dogs, big or small, need basic training. It keeps them safe. It keeps you in control.
Following Ian and his dog training videos in action, you’ll see how to turn your furball into a well-behaved dog that’s neither a danger to himself or to others.
How to train my dog
First you’ll watch Ian and his adorable dog to see how it’s done. Then you’ll follow the steps showing essential dog training commands.
You’ll know how to sort out any problems such as finding out about training a dog not to bark and training a dog not to jump.
To keep it fun and very cool, you’ll be shown dog tricks to teach your dog and impress your fellow pet parents!
Have confidence that you really know your dog
No longer will you worry that your dog will misbehave. Jump up at everyone. Bark at strangers.
Those days are behind you once you start these video dog training classes. It’s like having a personal trainer in your pocket. See for yourself by signing up now.
What you will learn
The videos show real dogs in real life training situations. They show you exactly how to do it! This course is taught by certified professional dog trainer, Ian Stone, who has more than 10 years’ experience working in animal welfare. He will guide you step-by-step through:
- turn training into a fun game
- quick fixes to solving problems
- how to stop your dog from barking
- cool tricks like getting your dog to roll over on command
- how to strengthen that special bond with your dog
Holly and Hugo courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Module 1: Ian's Intro
- 1.1 Meet the trainer
Module 2: Instructive Play
- 2.1 Learn how to turn training into a game!
Module 3: Fixing Jumping
- 3.1Quick, effective solutions to problem jumping
Module 4: Fixing Barking
- 4.1 Loud dog? Not a problem anymore!
Module 5: Trick Training
- 5.1 Roll over, shake and other fun tricks
Module 6: Troubleshooting
- 6.1 Fixing problems and strengthening your bond with your dog
Who is this course for
- This course takes the stress out of having to be somewhere at a specific time each week for dog training. It allows you to properly train from the comfort of your own home whenever you have a few minutes to spare
- Get your dog to unlearn any bad habits
- Professional dog trainer Ian Stone shows you some really impressive tricks that your four-legged best friend will enjoy
- Studying this certificate course proves you are a responsible animal lover. You are aware of your dog’s foibles and have found a way to fix them. That means you are well-equipped to work with dogs
- You could use this training as a basis to start your own pet care business, such as pet sitting or dog walking
- You would work or volunteer with dogs at a rescue shelter or kennels to help break their bad habits and find a new home!
- Holly and Holly and Hugo is a professional company with an international team of experts, including veterinary surgeons, compiling the courses
- The courses are accredited by ICOES, the International Council for Online Education Standards, assuring our students our commitment to high standards of online education
- We are also a recognized member of the CPD Certification Service
- Our CPD accredited courses will count towards your CPD hour records. Through Continuing Professional Development (CPD/CE), individuals show their commitment to gain new skills to contribute to their personal and professional development, improve their job prospects, enhance and evolve in their career
- At the end of each module there is an exam to pass to make sure you have fully taken in each stage
- The modules are easy to understand and, therefore, easy to remember
- You can revisit the material for a refresher if you want to look something up
- Once the course is completed, all modules saved and exams passed you'll get a pdf certificate
- You will be also eligible to apply for an ICOES hard copy certificate
- The courses are designed to be easy to use without the need to download material
- Should you need any assistance, we have a help centre available in your student area 24/7 or you can contact our awesome Customer Support team during the working hours