- Take your love of animals to the next level by helping to save the lives of abandoned, orphaned and injured wildlife or animals trapped in forest fires or oil spills
- Land your dream job with animals or volunteer with a conservation group anywhere in the world through your knowledge of handling wild animals
- You can learn to deal with emergencies and make a difference to wildlife in your local community by studying our course at your own pace on any device
- 95% recommend
- Fully accredited by ICOES
- Free PDF Certificate
- 14 days money back guaranteed
- 50 online study hours
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone wanting to gain more knowledge of wild animals so you can help them in the right way
- Animal lovers who don’t like standing around watching creatures suffer and want to help in a positive way
- People who dream of working with animals in a zoo, wildlife rehabilitation center, animal park or with a conservation group
HOW IT WILL HELP YOU
- This will help you expand your horizons and have a better understanding of wildlife
- You can do something positive for your community - or the wider world - by helping to save the lives of wildlife in danger
- Study online at your own pace to work towards a job working with animals where no two days are the same
Module 1: What Does It Mean To Be A Wildlife Rehabilitator?
- Why being a wildlife rehabilitator is right for you
- A normal day for a wildlife rehabilitator
- How to become a wildlife rehabilitator and get certified
- How to know when NOT to rescue an animal
- You rescued an animal, now what?
Module 2: Animal Physiology, Anatomy, And Health
- Why is it important to understand physiology and anatomy?
- Basic physiology and anatomy for birds
- Basic physiology and anatomy for small mammals
- Basic physiology and anatomy for large mammals
- Basic physiology and anatomy for reptiles and amphibians
- Freshwater wildlife
- How to assess an animal in distress
- Necessary nutrition facts
Module 3: How To Treat Common Injuries
- What are the most common injuries dealt with by wildlife rehabilitators?
- Broken limbs in birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians
- Orphaned animals
- Oiled or dirty wildlife
- Common sicknesses that wildlife rehabilitators see
- What to do in emergency situations
Module 4: What’s The Best Way To Interact With Animals?
- The difference between interacting with pets and wildlife
- Keeping the wild, WILD!
- How to brainstorm the best enrichment projects for your patient
- Field work in various environments
- Equipment, gear, vaccines and prep
- Release! How you know when your animal friend is ready to go back to the wild.
Module 5: Spread The Word!
- Why is education and outreach important?
- How you can spread the message
- How to design the right education program for your audience
- Examples of outreach done by wildlife rehabilitators
- Volunteering and career path
5960 HAPPY PETS IN 2017
15497 COURSES ENROLLED IN 2017
OUR COURSES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PURR-FESSIONALS
Cristina grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, but spent some of her high school years living in Paris, France. She graduated high school from the American School of Paris with the distinction of an AP Scholar. She then attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in both Zoology and French. Her focus is on conservation of endangered species as well as conservation in general. She loves foreign languages and cultures and hopes to one day pursue her work around the world. Cristina is now pursuing a career in marketing and communications which she hopes will lead her to a career in this type of work for conservation organizations.
Margarita qualified from the University of Liverpool in 2011 with a Bachelor of Veterinary Science with distinction. After working with both equine and small animal patients for a few years, she decided to focus on small animal care. She is particularly interested in internal medicine and feline medicine. She is currently undertaking her certificate in advanced veterinary practice (CertAVP).
GETTING YOUR CERTIFICATE IS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS:
Follow the easy registration process to enroll in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.
WHAT STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HOLLY AND HUGO
It has improved my life, I have started my own Pet Sitting business and left the corporate world to pursue my passion and dream. So to put it mildly it has change my world for the best. What would I say to friends is what I already say to them, take the course: it's a great value and you will learn, unlike other online courses that teach you nothing, with Holly and Hugo you have to pass a test and they are not easy questions to get certified. Patricia Lackner - United States