Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation
Learn how to help and rehabilitate wild animals with this online course – make a difference in your community!
If you’re an animal lover and enjoy being outdoors, our Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Course will help you get closer to nature while helping our furry, scaled, and feathered friends. Wildlife rehabilitation involves working with wild animals to ensure they are healthy, safe, and not at risk from environmental factors. You may have stumbled upon an injured or orphaned animal in your backyard or on a nature hike, or you may live in an area that frequently sees forest fires, oil spills, storms, or deforestation. In all these cases, knowledge of wildlife rehabilitation or wild animal rescue can be crucial to saving an animal’s life. You don’t need any prior veterinary knowledge, as this course will start with the basics and cover a lot of groundwork. You’ll learn about responsible wildlife interaction, animal anatomy and physiology, how to treat injuries in birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and fish, how to assist in environmental disasters, and how to safely handle , transport and release wildlife. Whether you just love animals and want to be more involved, or you are looking to volunteer or work in a park, nature reserve or zoo, we’ll equip you with the knowledge and training to prepare you for wildlife rehabilitation.
What you will learn:
By the end of this course, you’ll come away knowing the fundamentals of wildlife rehabilitation.
- We’ll show you exactly what a wildlife rehabilitator does in their day to day work
- You’ll be able to identify animals in distress and know when to step in
- You’ll learn animal physiology and basic anatomy for a variety of animal classes
- We’ll teach you to assess animals and identify symptoms and causes of distress
- You’ll be able to treat common injuries such as broken limbs and wings
- We’ll prepare you for environmental disasters, such as oil spills or forest fires
- We’ll show you how to safely handle, restrain, transport, and release wildlife
- And you’ll learn what you can do to assist in your community
It’s important to note that this course is not equivalent to professional certification as wildlife rehabilitator, but it’s an excellent place to start if you have a personal interest in this area or are thinking of a career in animal care, zoology, parks and recreation, or veterinary science.
This course is perfect for you if:
- You love animals and want to do what you can to help
- You are looking for a way to feel more connected with nature
- You’re okay with getting your hands dirty!
- You’re considering a career working in a park or wildlife rehabilitation center
- You want to educate others about interacting with wildlife
Follow the easy registration process to enroll in your course today.
Absorb course content easily with clearly structured information, helpful illustrations and hands on video tutorials. Study anywhere, anytime that suits you within your course duration.
Reinforce new learning with assessment of important points at the end of each module.
On completion, receive your certificate which confirms your achievement.